Ford Performance Club of North Texas

Ford Performance Club of North Texas (http://www.fordperformancetexas.com/forums_index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.fordperformancetexas.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Thanks Steve D. (http://www.fordperformancetexas.com/showthread.php?t=10955)

Boosted32V 12-11-2007 10:07 AM

Thanks Steve D.

I can do nothing but think about the new 08 SVT Cobra! :dazed:

My wife sez I can purchase one, but I have to get rid of my 05 GT and the BAD-SVT:speechles

I'm not so sure I can get rid of the BAD-SVT...'H'

Lyle 12-11-2007 11:01 AM

NO not the BAD-SVT, say it aint so!

XOCobra 12-11-2007 01:57 PM

I'll give you 2 dollars for the BADSVT

Hitman 12-11-2007 02:00 PM

You can leave it at my house and tell Lisa you sold it...

smooth 12-11-2007 09:38 PM

Yes sir Stever. Thanks for giving us some motovation .

nitrofish 12-11-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XOCobra
I'll give you 2 dollars for the BADSVT

I'll match your $2 and we can share it.

smooth 12-11-2007 09:45 PM

Steve D 's new machine.

Zakattack 12-12-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted32V
I can do nothing but think about the new 08 SVT Cobra! :dazed:

My wife sez I can purchase one, but I have to get rid of my 05 GT and the BAD-SVT:speechles

I'm not so sure I can get rid of the BAD-SVT...'H'

H, hurry up and get one so I can tell Jessie "Look what Henry got" and the old stand by "Lisa let Henry get one".

Chuck

sdean 12-12-2007 10:07 PM

Thanks Steve D

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra94'
Steve D 's new machine.

Thanks for the pic..I do like the way this drives..

sdean 12-20-2007 08:22 PM

I am getting the Clear Bra put on tomorrow and Bankston has a white with blue stripes for 6K over sticker and he will have an orange one in at 5K over msrp..Check with Carlos though...

CobraCrazy 12-21-2007 09:53 AM

Ain't no way i'm ever paying over sticker for a car. If something happened to it how will the insurance company compensate you. I assume that blue book is not going to be over sticker and it depreciates the moment you drive it off the lot. My assumption is that you would have a very hard time recovering the full amount you paid if it were to get totalled or stolen.

Hitman 12-21-2007 09:56 AM

A car that expensive doesn't get totalled, it just gets rebuilt.

75coug 12-21-2007 04:35 PM

That is a fine-looking acquisition.

I found myself getting the bug this week after seeing ads for a 2007 Shelby GT with a "$5000 discount." Further investigation revealed that the "$5000 discount" was deducted from the sticker price that still had the dealer's market adjustment built into it. Um, ok. I passed.

I am going to keep my eye on the Shelby GTs, however, as I suspect that they are going to go the way of the '04-'06 GTO. Initial price-gouging, followed by leftovers on dealer lots for many months, resulting in massive discounting. Once the serious discounts are in place, I may just have to pull the trigger.

Boosted32V 12-22-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 75coug
That is a fine-looking acquisition.

I found myself getting the bug this week after seeing ads for a 2007 Shelby GT with a "$5000 discount." Further investigation revealed that the "$5000 discount" was deducted from the sticker price that still had the dealer's market adjustment built into it. Um, ok. I passed.

I am going to keep my eye on the Shelby GTs, however, as I suspect that they are going to go the way of the '04-'06 GTO. Initial price-gouging, followed by leftovers on dealer lots for many months, resulting in massive discounting. Once the serious discounts are in place, I may just have to pull the trigger.

WELCOME TO 1996, the exact same thing happened in 1995, all the 4v Cobras were being marked way up (5K) Today is no different, except there are more options now as far as vehicles go...'Henry

sdean 12-22-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraCrazy
Ain't no way i'm ever paying over sticker for a car. If something happened to it how will the insurance company compensate you. I assume that blue book is not going to be over sticker and it depreciates the moment you drive it off the lot. My assumption is that you would have a very hard time recovering the full amount you paid if it were to get totalled or stolen.

I bought gap insuravnce for a small fee and that is supposed to cover the actual cost of the car