Go Back   Ford Performance Club of North Texas > General Discussion > Club Calendar

(#1)
Old
XTreme Techie

Kart Racing - Pole Position Raceway Oct 13th - 10-01-2012, 09:04 PM

As discussed at the club meeting last month, we'll meet at Pole Position for some go-cart racing and fun on Saturday, October 13th at 9:00 am.

This takes the place of our monthly meeting, so we will not meet at Bankston Ford, but at the go-cart facility instead.

Address:
Pole Position Raceway
10550 John W. Elliott Drive
Suite 100
Frisco, TX 75033

Cost
This is a club subsidized event for all current paid members in good standing. For you, the club will pick up $20 of the karting tab. Non-members and guests are welcome, but will pay the normal rate. Henry may have some discount coupons to help offset the cost for guests and non-members. You can pick those up when you arrive at the facility. See Henry.

Agenda
The facility normally opens at 10am on Saturdays, but the owner will open early for us so we can get in and get started as a group. We'll race first, then get together for an an abreviated board/club meeting after the racing and while at the facility, in one of their meeting rooms. Then the plan is to caravan over to Rudy's BBQ/Smokehouse for lunch, right down the street. Lunch is buy-your-own, but I'm sure it will prove to be a great time none-the-less. Rudy's has some great food (and drink) and I'm sure there will be some spectacular (and not so spectacular) go-cart racing stories to share.

Attire
It is an indoor facility and the karts are electric. As with any racing event, I would recommend wearing long pants or jeans and some good sturdy shoes (i.e. no flip-flops).

99 Cobra coupe Xtreme daily driver!
True DIY'er -- I do all my own engine, driveline and gear work.
(#2)
Old
1997 SVT Cobra

10-05-2012, 09:18 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun. Gerald and I will be there. Henry, can I get a discount non-member coupon for Gerald?

1997 SVT Cobra
32V 98 Cobra motor, 03 T56 6-speed, 01 IRS rear end, Xpipe and flowmasters, new FR500s all chrome, deep dish rear. 17x10.5 rears with 315/35/17s and fronts are 17.9s with 275/40/17s, soon to be Vortec Supercharged with black 98 interior and many more mods to come. New paint which is also the original paint color or Moonlight Metalic Blue.

1973 Mustang Grande Retromod
89 5.0 EFI Motor, AOD 4-speed, AC, power steering, power disc brakes and bullet wheels.

Both cars custom built by my husband, Gerald, owner of The Mustang Shop.
(#3)
Old
XTreme Techie

10-09-2012, 09:40 PM

Henry indicated he will be there to hand out discount coupons.
(#4)
Old
Club Evangelist

Pole Position photos and videos - 10-13-2012, 03:19 PM

The club had a great October meeting/driving event this morning at Pole Position Raceway in Frisco. More photos can be viewed here. Hopefully some member from the other run group also took photos of our group - I find it hard to drive and take photos at the same time!

We had 22 drivers in 2 run groups so there were plenty of people on the track at every turn!

(#5)
Old
Club Evangelist

Video - 10-13-2012, 03:21 PM

I captured the second run group going all out in their first circuit - found on our YouTube channel.....

(#6)
Old
Yo! Me an old Fart?

10-15-2012, 07:50 AM

That was a great time. Thanks for getting it set up. Luke want's to have his next b-day party there.

68 GT Fastback
93 Cobra #3237 of 4993
95 Cobra Convertible #337 of 1003
99 35th Anniversary Convertible
05 Dodge D2500 4X4 Quad Cab Diesel (Big Blue)
01 Chrysler Prowler Mulholland Edition SOLD