(#1)
Old
Keeper of the Faith

State Fair of Texas 2017 - 08-15-2017, 10:15 AM

State Fair of Texas time! As some of you know, the State Fair of Texas is changing up its classic car corral for 2017; there will be only one, and our Club was squeezed out of its usual spot. The Lone Star Cougar Club has generously agreed to let us piggy-back on their day, which is Friday, September 29, 2017. They have room for 20 or so of our cars to join them, so let's make a great showing! You can't beat free entry and the best possible parking at the Fair.

If you can commit to attending (remember, it is on the first day of the Fair, which is a Friday), let me know. I will send more details as they become available, but expect the usual rules, which include all cars needing to be in place bright and early, and your cars having to remain in the Corral until 6:00 p.m.

Robert

2010 GT - sunset gold daily driver
(#2)
Old
Keeper of the Faith

08-23-2017, 02:04 PM

The Club has paid the $70 to the State Fair for our liability insurance. We are now extra officially "in" for participating in the Classic Car Corral on Friday, September 29, 2017. Remember, the Corral is open from 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. All participating vehicles need to be in place by 9:00 A.M. and remain until after 6:00 P.M. Sign up here, via the Club website or message me. Come one, come all.

Robert

(#3)
Old
Keeper of the Faith

09-12-2017, 10:15 PM

The State Fair is 17 days away. I am working on the details regarding distributing the passes. Here is the current lineup: Joe Masters (2), Robert Eden, Jim Hirsch, Darrell & Mary Krumme, Judy Uselton Vaughn. I would really like for us to make a good showing, so if you're in or on the fence, let me know ASAP. Thanks, folks!

Robert

(#4)
Old
Keeper of the Faith

09-20-2017, 03:01 PM

I am now in possession of the State Fair passes and am mailing them to Joe, Mary & Darrell, and Judy. If anyone else wants to join us, let me know and I will get you a pass.

Robert