Go Back   Ford Performance Club of North Texas > Racing/Track Talk > Open Track/Road Racing

(#1)
Old

Thumbs up Lone Star Round Up/SVTOA and Ford Performace On Track Event - 04-11-2006, 11:17 AM

Last day to register: Friday June 16, 2006

For the Third Year, the SVTOA and Ford Performance Lone Star Round Up will be visiting the Texas World Speedway in College Station, Texas.

Jeff Lacuna, SVTOA’s lead driving instructor and his team of instructors will be at the track to help everyone get up to speed. You're saying, 'I've never done this before.' Don't worry, we all had to start somewhere and what better opportunity is there than learning with a professional instructor sitting next to you and driving with your fellow SVT owners? You learn at your own pace... with plenty of time on the track.

So ask yourself, "Do I want to put a smile on my face?" Well, we think the answer is YES! To accomplish this goal, all you need to do is register for this event. We'll guarantee that you leave with a big smile... no matter what your driving ability is when you arrive on Saturday.

The fun begins Friday night at the Meet ‘n Greet. There will be a special raffle held for only those people who register and tech there cars Friday night. Everyone who does this will receive a ticket for a chance to win a “FREE” entry to the 2007 Lone Star Round Up. These tickets will NOT be sold at any time. We will also be serving snacks and soda throughout the evening. We will also conduct a special class for those who attending a track event for the first time.

Schedule of Events:

Friday, June 23
Meet 'n Greet and Tech/Pre Registration at Texas World Speedway

Saturday, June 24
Registration/Tech Inspection
On Track Driving Activities
Spousal Session

Sunday, June 25
Registration/Tech Inspection
On Track Driving Activities

To Register go to www.motorsportreg.com

Or go to www.svtoaok.com to down load a registration form.

For information contact Dell Hughes at dellcobra@yahoo.com or call at 918-697-8082

Last edited by dellcobra; 04-11-2006 at 12:57 PM..
(#2)
Old

04-11-2006, 04:50 PM

This is a high speed track. 130 mph for my '97 and 140-150 mph for the late model blower cars, if you know how to drive! The last 2 years have been a blast, so hope some of you guys will join us this year. Jeff and Dell put on a good, smooth event.

Jerry
SVT Texas Technical Coordinator
2007 Solstice
1997 T-Bird MUST SELL
1948 F1 Street Rod MUST SELL
1997 Cobra Convertible ......#1970 of 3088 MUST SELL
Black with Saddle top and Saddle Leather..... 1 of 219
Now one of a kind
if interested in buying any of Jerry's vehicles, contact Jera 817-681-3565
(#3)
Old

04-11-2006, 05:17 PM

On top of our nomal activities it looks like we are adding an program called SATCAR. it is bracket racing for a road course. Go to http://www.satcarracing.com/Home.htm to see what it is all about. This is for advanced and intermediate drivers.

Still working on deatials so stay tuned for more information.

Dell
(#4)
Old
Stick axles suck...

04-12-2006, 11:27 AM

So would I be correct in assuming that this will be an historic event in that it will be the very last On Track run under the SVTOA name, which will officially change it's name on July 1?

Daron

2015 GT
IRS Equipped 98 Cobra
2012 Kona Blue Boss (sold)
(#5)
Old

04-12-2006, 11:35 AM

That would be correct. That is why I am calling it the SVTOA/Ford Performance On Track.
(#6)
Old

05-17-2006, 09:29 AM

Early Registration closes shortly so register now and save some money.

Dell
(#7)
Old

05-17-2006, 12:38 PM

I'm not able to take the Cobra but I will be there working, so hope to see some of you at TMS!

Jerry
2007 Solstice
1997 T-Bird MUST SELL
Now one of a kind
(#8)
Old
Stick axles suck...

06-22-2006, 01:32 PM

Just a reminder that the SVTOA Lone Star Round Up is at TWS in College Station this coming weekend. It is not sold out, and they will be still taking registrations at the event!

Get off yer lazy butts, check the fluids in your Stang ... or Lightning ... and whatever Ford vehicle you have ... and get your asses down there this weekend and join the festival! Yes, SVTOA let you sign up and run one day if you don't or can't run the whole weekend.

If this event follows the same format as the other events this year, there could be Ford GTs to ride in (for participants, not hangers on - ya gotta pay to play!), and the new Shelby Cobra to drool over also! There is a banquet with guest speakers Saturday night also - and I'm sure the new GT500 that is just arond the corner, and the new Ford Performance club that SVTOA is morphing into will be the main topics of discussion.

So come on folks - are there really any drivers and/or die hard Ford fans left in this club? Or should Primedia be sending Sewing magazines to all the members?

Daron

2015 GT
IRS Equipped 98 Cobra
(#9)
Old

06-22-2006, 05:08 PM

Sh*# happens, I'm not going to be able to go.

Jerry
2007 Solstice
1997 T-Bird MUST SELL
Now one of a kind
(#10)
Old

Unhappy 06-24-2006, 05:47 PM

Well crap,

A day late and a car short. I wish I knew a couple of days sooner about this event, I would have loved to meet ya'll and get some insight for when my 68 GT Mustang is finished with the body shop. I'ts setup for both drag/road racing but untried as of yet with all it's new goodies. I'm going to Chucks instead to see who's there.

J
(#11)
Old
Stick axles suck...

06-26-2006, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red68GT
Well crap,

A day late and a car short. I wish I knew a couple of days sooner about this event, I would have loved to meet ya'll and get some insight for when my 68 GT Mustang is finished with the body shop. I'ts setup for both drag/road racing but untried as of yet with all it's new goodies. I'm going to Chucks instead to see who's there.

J
Sorry you missed it - be sure to keep September 30 free if you want to debut it on the road course - that will be our club track event at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson near Fort Worth.

Daron

2015 GT
IRS Equipped 98 Cobra
(#12)
Old
Stick axles suck...

06-26-2006, 12:01 PM

This event was an absolute blast! One of the best track weekends I've done, despite not having my own car there - in fact I need to leave it home more often as folks seem to take pity on an instructor with no car to drive, as I had plenty of offers!

How's this for a weekend's entertainment - Saturday I already had a ride lined up because I had been asked to stand in as test driver in the American Iron race car that is currently leading the 2006 Championship. What a nice machine - so fast yet so easy to drive! The race car was great and a hard act to follow, but it got better because after that, I got to drive and/or ride in a new C6 Z06 Vette, a Ford GT, a 2000 Cobra R (thanks 5.0 Resto), a Factory Five Cobra, the new M3 Beemer, my customer's very sweet 05 Mustang GT (thanks Duerk), and a rented V6 Mustang. I actually got to compare the Z06 and Ford GT in back to to back sessions - talk about WOW!

You may wonder why I bothered listing a rented V6 Mustang after all the wicked machinery - but the funny thing is I actually had the most fun riding in the passenger seat with fellow racer Matt White driving of one of the 3 rented V6 stangs at the event. What a hoot - Six Flags doesn't have a ride that comes close, and you would be absolutely amazed at what a stock rental can do in capable (or insane - I'm not sure which - maybe both? ) hands. I laughed so hard the whole time I had tears rolling out from under my helmet! It's a weird feeling when you are laughing and feeling that you are about to die at the same time - kinda like watching one of the Scream movies . The poor guys in the advanced group in their Cobras, Vettes, Lightning, etc. that got whooped up on by the instructors in the rentals must be wondering what they need to do to go faster next year - hopefully they realise they need to spend more on track time than on more horsepower?

This event will be held again next year - regardless of the amount of support from Ford. They are aiming for a March date this time, so it won't be so hot and humid. It's worth making the effort to be there!

Finally, remember that most anyone with reasonable driving skills can work their way up to instructor level if they have the desire to do so. The investment required is not as large as you might think, and it depends entirely on your skills and how fast you learn. It does not depend on what you drive. Most people spend far more on modding their Cobras than some have invested in running track events to work their way up to instructor level. As you can see from the weekend I had, instructing can be a pretty rewarding "hobby", and with road course dring events growing in number all the time, there is always room for more instructors. If you want to know more, just ask me.

Daron

2015 GT
IRS Equipped 98 Cobra
(#13)
Old

06-26-2006, 12:01 PM

Thanks Daron, absolutely I will. My real hope is to run the night event at TMS with DE but best I have right now is standy-by for instruction on July 15-16 at the ranch. I still have to get solo approved for the TMS event. If I get in due to someone cancelling, I still have to rent a car for training since mine will not be ready in July.

If i get inat the ranch in July, does anyone know my best options for getting a car that weekend?

J
(#14)
Old

06-26-2006, 04:05 PM

Damn cancer, the GT was broken the last 2 years I was there and I missed it being there this year. This is really starting to suck!

I am glad to hear the event worked out as a great one.

Jerry
2007 Solstice
1997 T-Bird MUST SELL
Now one of a kind
(#15)
Old
Stick axles suck...

06-26-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red68GT
If i get inat the ranch in July, does anyone know my best options for getting a car that weekend?

J
V6 Mustang from Hertz - see the post above for why

Daron

2015 GT
IRS Equipped 98 Cobra